Monday, October 21, 2013

Labor Support

I am now offering doula/ Labor Support services.

You can check my availability to attend your birth HERE at Doula Match.

As your doula, I would provide:

- An initial meeting in person or by phone to determine if we are a good match.
- 2 prenatal visits (In addition to these, I am willing to attend 1 office appointment with your care provider if desired).
- Labor support at your home and the hospital/ birth center.
- Assistance in labor positioning and tools for helping your labor's progress and your comfort.
- Emotional and physical support for you and your partner before and during labor.
- Assistance in finding the tools and information you need to make informed decisions about your care.
- Assistance in creating and following your birth plan.
- Amateur photography as needed (often, I will pick up a camera to record something lovely).
- A discounted rate for Birth Education classes ($10 off per 2 hour session).
- On call availability for 2 weeks prior to and 1 week after your "due" date (or until your baby is born).
- Assistance in establishing breastfeeding during the hour after birth.
- 1 postnatal visit during your first week home.
- "Anytime" phone/ text availability before and after the baby's birth.


As of now, I am not a certified doula.  Do not think that I am lacking in knowledge or experience. My training and 6 years of experience as a birth educator has given me many of the tools to assist a family in the birth of their baby.  I have attended several births in a doula capacity and have gained good experience that will go far in assisting you in your birth.

My plans for the future include Midwifery School and specific doula training may also earn a spot on the list at some point soon.  For now, though, my rates reflect the fact that I am not certified.

If you would like a reference, I would be happy to provide you with that!


No comments: